Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pukesgiving

Well, now that we have reached the new year, I guess it's time to talk about Thanksgiving. This post is not for the faint of stomach. Honestly, I won't go into details. We spent the holiday with Jared's family and we had a blast. Addi and Eli got to play with lots of cousins and the food was delicious....going down. Actually, lets back up a bit. Leading up to Thanksgiving, Addi had a feast at preschool. Her class dressed up at "Pildrams" and the other class dressed up as "Indiams". This is Addi and her friend Elle.

"Pildrams & Indiams"

Before we headed to St. Louis Eli got a low fever making him even more chill than he normally is. He became a permanent fixture on grandpa's lap for the week. I don't think grandpa minded one bit loving on his two youngest grandsons.



Addi was also very concerned about the turkey we were going to eat. "Mom, are we going to eat that turkey? I don't want to eat that turkey because he is my friend."
"No Addi, we aren't going to eat that turkey."


"Mom, are we going to eat my little turkeys? I don't think they would be very good, because of their feathers, and they are my friend."
"I promise we won't eat your little turkeys."

"Then what turkey are we going to eat?"
"That one."

See? Delicious food. I made some yummy sweet potatoes, we had all the fixins. The weather was nice, so the kids table was outside. It was a great day.



















We watched some Red Dawn.

 
Addi and her cousin Maeli were more than happy to help grandma and grandpa decorate their tree.

That night, Jared's mom, sister and I went black Friday shopping and scored some sweet deals. I actually enjoyed going out in the evening, rather than waking up in the wee hours of the morning. We got home to discover 2 of the kids had been hit with a stomach bug. 2 at a time the family started dropping like flies. Friday I did a little more shopping and really thought we were in the clear. In the middle of the night the little bug found me, and a couple hours later Addison joined me. Saturday we spent the day in bed very weak. Just when I started feeling a bit better, my poor Eli went down. In less than 72 hours 14 people went down with the bug. The only two left standing? Jared and his mom.
We made it home on Sunday and all seemed well. But on Monday Eli decided to have another round. Managing to puke in two beds at 2am and causing a lot of laundry to pile up.

It was a great holiday but I hope that was the last bug that finds this family for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment