Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Countdown

The countdown to Christmas was an exciting and stressful time at our house. I had decided to make several Christmas gifts and procrastination had got the best of me. I was also working on stock for the store I sell my ties at, as well as costumes for an upcoming dance recital. I miraculously got it all done.

stockings...

Fairy crowns for my little sugar plum fairy's dance recital....

 Shirts for my nieces with their birth state and city on them. Brooklyn's Utah shirt got mailed to her since they couldn't come for Christmas....  
 



Owl heating pads for my nieces and cousins....

Heating pads for teacher and family gifts...                         Baby blankets for Vintage Crush...


 
Christmas Tree shirts for the movers and shakers dance recital. (Addi needed one too. :) 

















 


We started a new tradition this year with the elf on the shelf. When the package arrived in the mail from the "north pole" Addi was really excited. She wanted to open the elf right away.
I started reading the story to her and she immediately changed her mind about the elf. She was definitely not okay that this little elf flew back to Santa every night and then back into her house. She was also freaked out about her losing her magic by touching her. She kept her distance but was still interested in the elf. Because of this, instead of leaving her room in the morning as she usually would, she would scream "MOM" until I came in to get her. Then she would say, "Let's go find our elf!"

 I tried to encourage a Christmasy name for our elf but Addi insisted on naming her Audrey. Addi knows two baby Audrey's so I'm thinking that's where she got it. Our elf wasn't too mischievous. She did TP the tree one night, but Addi didn't really get it, she thought Audrey had pulled toilet paper out of the trash or something and was confused. She thought it was way funnier when Audrey was with one of her toys or in a silly place so I got off easy this year.

  



I convinced Addi that she could hold her elf just for a second so I could take a picture without taking her magic away.

 This one was my personal favorite. I had been sewing til about 2am one morning and left the elf to finish my work. I could not stop laughing while I was posing her. I'm sure it being 2am was adding to the hilarity of the situation.

 Addi had so much fun decorating the tree. I was really worried that Eli would be all over the tree this year so I left the bottom kind of bare. But he didn't touch it at all! Addi on the other hand kept rearranging the ornaments so having shatterproof bulbs came in handy after all.

Addi's preschool put on a little Christmas program on their last day of school before break. It was really cute watching the kids sing. Here they are signing We Wish You a Merry Christmas as they sing. It was the cutest thing ever, and I wish I had it on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment